The Power of Positive Thinking: A Practical Guide to Mastering the Problems of Everyday Living is a self-help book written by Norman Vincent Peale in 1952. In this The Power of Positive Thinking Summary, we dive deep into Peale’s way of thinking to thrive and reach our goals.
No one in this world lives a trouble-free life. Why can’t some people solve their problems or go about their lives normally even if they can’t solve their problems, while others can’t? We can’t solve all your problems, but we can say that change the way you think and change your life. In this book he wrote, Norman Vincent Peale explained how positive thinking changes our lives.
The Power of Positive Thinking Summary with 20 Lessons Learned
Here are the 20 lessons to learn from The Power of Positive Thinking Summary:
#1 You Must Believe First
If you do not believe that you will succeed in a job, the training you receive and the experience you have no meaning. Do you believe you will be happy? Do you believe you will be successful? It can happen if you believe it, but it’s impossible if you don’t believe it. From the moment you wake up in the morning, take every step with confidence.
If you constantly think that something will go wrong, at the end of the day, what you think will happen to you. Because you did not believe that things would go well, you could not perform at the beginning of the road. You didn’t do your best by saying you couldn’t make it anyway. You cannot do even the simplest tasks without mental peace.
#3 Small Problems
Don’t get bogged down in details when you have big problems. Not having an iron on your shirt isn’t the end of the world. You’re not going to live at that bus stop forever just because you missed the bus. Let it flow. Don’t expect everything to go well. Let some things go wrong.
#4 Nothing To Do
You got on the plane and soared thousands of kilometers. You may suddenly feel a sense of fear. It is normal for this to happen. But what is not normal is to be stuck in this fear. See this as just a change of mood. Remember, you are thousands of kilometers above. Your fear won’t change anything.
You are no different from people who have accomplished great things in this life. If they did it, you can too. Are you truly in control of what you do? Are you hardworking? Are you patient? Then believe that you will succeed and act that way. Don’t waste your potential.
Focus on filling your mind with positive thoughts rather than emptying it. Bad thoughts come and go. The important thing is that they are not permanent or affect you during their stay. The more positive thoughts your mind is filled with, the less it is affected by worrying thoughts.
#7 Don’t Let Your Mind Flow
Suggest yourself often. If you do not make positive suggestions to your mind, your mind will start to fill with negative thoughts. You have to train your mind. You should guide yourself with words of hope and encouragement.
#8 Motivational Affirmations
Don’t wait for the moment to come when you will need to say some encouraging words to yourself. Meet your motivation needs. Have self-motivating speeches throughout the day. If you can’t say these words to yourself or don’t know what to say, you can click the link below.
#9 Time Passes
No matter what state you see yourself in, no matter how you feel, time will not wait for you. Especially when you lose it by worrying about small problems, it will not come back. Strive to enjoy this unrepeatable life. Don’t put off the things you enjoy. Use your time wisely.
#10 Fear of Making Mistakes
Even the bravest person does not want to make mistakes. We feel bad and wish that moment would pass as soon as possible. It is very natural for what we do to be wrong, but it is not right to do nothing just because we are likely to make mistakes. Build it, break it, then try again. No one achieves perfection on the primary try.
#11 Happiness Is Your Own Choice
It is difficult to say the same for happiness, while unhappiness occurs spontaneously in our minds. Negative thoughts take over our minds more easily. But dealing with these negative thoughts is not difficult. A trained mind can handle this.
#12 Be Prepared
Anyway, I think positively, there is no such thing as everything will go well. Or, don’t try to relax just in case things turn out badly, because I’ll find a way to feel better. Do not delude yourself with overly positive thoughts. Try to be realistic and positive.
#13 Find Something To Do
A busy mind is less caught up in negative emotions. When you feel bad or negative thoughts start running through your mind, find something to do right away. Distract yourself. Focus on another topic. Focus on other people.
#14 Repeat As You Pray
Have specific times when you say positive words to yourself. When these times come, repeat these words as if you were worshiping and have your mind programmed. After a while, it will become a habit and its effect will increase.
#15 Physical Strength
A positive mind gives strength not only psychologically but also physically. During the war, the soldiers are told that they are close to victory, that the enemy soldiers are about to lose. In this way, soldiers can continue to stand no matter what the conditions are.
We are all uncomfortable with people who constantly talk about their problems and see the negative side of everything. Naturally, doing the opposite also makes us attractive to other people. Having a positive attitude makes you attractive.
Leaders are solution-oriented. They are fully aware of the problems. They have dreams, goals, but work realistically. Successful leaders have a positive mind, which enables them to think solution-oriented. You cannot lead if you do not have a positive belief that you can solve problems.
#18 Take a Deep Breath
Your psychological state affects your physical state and the other way around. If you sit up straight, breathe deeply and focus, you will notice that your blood pressure drops and your stress decrease. You physically interfere with your mind.
#19 Find a Role Model
You have friends who can stay calm even in the most difficult situations. Check out these people. Examine them from their way of thinking to their greetings. What are their tones of voice, what are their interests? You can even change your mental structure by copying exactly.
#20 Positive, Negative, Positive…
It is not possible to completely eliminate negative emotions. It would be very vulnerable if it were possible. Negative emotions allow us to protect ourselves. But we no longer live thousands of years ago. We don’t need a lot of negative emotions. We should live a good life by increasing the number of positive thoughts as much as possible.
Top 10 Quotes from The Power of Positive Thinking
1. “A sense of inferiority and inadequacy with the attainment of your hopes, but self-confidence leads to self-realization. Because of the importance of this mental attitude, this book will help you believe in yourself and release your inner powers.”
2. “As an illustration of taking a relaxed attitude and therebefore receiving peace, I always think of an experience in a certain city where I lectured one evening. Prior to going on the platform I was sitting backstage going over my speech when a man approached and wanted to discuss a personal problem.”
3. “Every great personality I have ever known, and I have known many, who has demonstrated the capacity for prodigious work has been a person in tüne with the infinite.”
4. “The effect of guilt and fear feelings on energy is widely recognized by all authorities having to do with the problems nature. The quantity of vital force required to give the personality relief from either guilt or fear or a combination of each is so great that often only a fraction of energy remains for the discharge of the functions of living.”
5. “Experts in physical health and well-being often utilize prayer in their therapy. Disability, tension, and kindred troubles may result from a lack of inner harmony. It is remarkable how prayer restores the harmonious functioning of body and soul.”
6. “Our unhappiness is further distilled by saturating the consciousness with feelings of resentment, ill will, and hate. The unhappiness-producing process always makes important use of the ingredients of fear and worry.”
7. “The happiness habit is developed by simply practicing happy thinking. Make a mental list of happy thoughts and pass them through your mind several times every day.”
8. “You do not need to be a victim of worry. Reduced to its simplest form, what is worry? It is simply an unhealthy and destructive mental habit. You were not born with the worry habit. You acquired it. And because you can change any habit and any acquired attitude, you can cast worry from” your mind.”
9. “The importance of freeşng your mind of fear cannot be overemphasized. Fear something over a long period of time and there is a real possibility that by fearing you may actually help bring it to pass.”
10. “Still another important factor in getting people to like you is to practice building up the ego of other persons. The ego, being the essence of our personalities, is scared to us. There is in every person a normal desire for a feeling of self-importance.”
Free PDF Download of The Power of Positive Thinking Summary to Save or Print
We created a PDF file with the summary and quotes on this page for easy access: Download The Power of Positive Thinking PDF Summary. If you want to buy the paperback version of the book, check out this page.
Please take a moment to pin this post to Pinterest.